How we use your personal information
This fair processing notice explains why The Grange Residential Care Home EMD collects information about you and how that information may be used. This Privacy & Cookies policy was last updated 21st May 2018.
Records may be electronic, on paper or a mixture of both, and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure. Records which The Grange Residential Care Home EMD hold about you may include the following information;
- Details about you, such as your address, carer, legal representative, emergency contact details.
- To ensure you receive the best possible care, your records are used to facilitate the service you receive. Information may be used within The Grange Residential Care Home EMD for audit purposes to monitor the quality of the service that you receive from us.
- Related information about the NHS England initiative to raise public awareness about how patient information is used to improve the safety and care of patients can be found here.
- Our legal basis for processing your data is that you or your nominated representative, guardian or legal representative have given consent for it to be used in the provision of advice or care.
- Some of this information may necessarily be shared with designated care homes in order for us to provide the required services for you.
- You or your nominated representative, guardian or legal representative may withdraw consent to use your personal data at any time but this may affect our ability to provide you with the necessary level of service or care.
How we maintain the confidentiality of your records
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with:
- General Data Protection Regulation – (further information is provided below).
- Human Rights Act 1998.
- Common Law Duty of Confidentiality.
- Health and Social Care Act 2012.
- NHS Codes of Confidentiality, Information Security and Records Management.
- Information: To Share or Not to Share Review.
Every member of staff who works for The Grange Residential Care Home EMD has a legal obligation to keep information about you confidential.
We will only ever use or pass on information about you if others involved in your care have a genuine need for it. We will not disclose your information to any third party without your permission unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations).
Who are our partner’s organisations?
We may also share your information, subject to strict agreements and your consent on how it will be used, with the following organisations:
- NHS Trusts / Foundation Trusts.
- NHS Commissioning Support Units (CSUs).
- Private Sector Providers.
- Voluntary Sector Providers.
- Clinical Commissioning Groups.
- Social Care Services.
- NHS Digital (formerly known as the Health and Social Care Information Centre
- Local Authorities.
- Other ‘data processors’ which you will be informed of if we do this.
You, or where appropriate your nominated representative, guardian or legal representative, will be informed who your data will be shared with and in some cases asked for explicit consent for this to happen when this is required.
Acess to personal information
You have a right under the General Data Protection Regulation to request to obtain copies of what information The Grange Residential Care Home EMD holds about you and to have it amended should it be inaccurate. In order to request this, you need to do the following:
Your request can be made in writing to The Grange Residential Care Home EMD – for information from a hospital or other healthcare providers you should write directly to them. Please write to The Grange Residential Care Home EMD, 72 Stump Lane, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 0AL.
As an alternative method for request, you can also email email@example.com. You can also specify whether you would be happy to continue to receive email or postal contact, or if you would prefer to receive neither.
There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information held about you. We are required to respond to you within 40 days.
You will need to give adequate information (for example full name, address, date of birth, and details of your request) so that your identity can be verified and your records located.
Should you have any concerns about how your information is managed by The Grange Residential Care Home EMD, please contact:
The Operations Manager, The Grange Residential Care Home EMD, 72 Stump Lane, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 0AL
If you are still unhappy following a review by The Grange Residential Care Home EMD, you can then complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) here https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.
Change of details
It is important that you tell The Grange Residential Care Home EMD if any of your details such as your name or address have changed or if any of your details such as date of birth is incorrect in order for this to be amended. You have a responsibility to inform us of any changes so our records are accurate and up to date for you.
The Data Protection Act 1998 requires organisations to register a notification with the Information Commissioner to describe the purposes for which they process personal and sensitive information.
This information is publicly available on the Information Commissioners Office website www.ico.org.uk
The Grange Residential Care Home EMD is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
The General Data Protection (GDPR)
This regulation will supersede the Data Protection Act 1998 and will impose much stricter controls on how we collect and use personal data. It will encompass all the current requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and enhances the rights of individuals in a number of areas. Further information about it can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr
Who is the data controller for The Grange Residential Care Home EMD?
The Data Controller, responsible for keeping your information secure and confidential is:
Mr Steve Sams, The Grange Residential Care Home EMD, 72 Stump Lane, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 0AL
What are Cookies?
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Safari) on your computer or mobile phone. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them to store things such as user preferences.
Every time a user visits thegrangeresthome.co.uk, web analytics software provided by a third party generates an anonymous analytics cookie. These cookies can tell us whether or not you’ve visited the site before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies, and if you don’t, we generate new ones.
This allows us to track how many individual unique users we have, and how often they visit the site.
These cookies cannot be used to identify individuals; they are used for statistical purposes only. This allows us, for example, to group similar audiences for customised content and marketing.
Our analytics cookies are only accessible on the secure thegrangeresthome.co.uk servers, and the data cannot be altered or retrieved by any other service.
However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from thegrangeresthome.co.uk, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this.